Venture Capital and Early Stage Company Fundraising
We act for founders, companies, angel investors, institutional investors and corporate investors on a variety of venture capital fundraising transactions. Our particular focus is on Seed and Series A financings of high-growth early stage companies, typically advising on 30-40 transactions per year in this space. We also have extensive experience on advising on cross-border venture capital transactions. Our clients tell us that they like our common-sense, proportionate and commercial approach.
Our venture capital practice is supported by and complements MAINstream, our angel investor network, and MiVentures, our support program for high-growth early stage companies. We are well connected within the UK early-stage fundraising ecosystem, particularly in the South-West, and are members of the UK Business Angels Association.
We were delighted to be announced the winner of the 'Best Legal Team for Early-Stage Deals' category at the UKBAA Angel Investment Awards 2022.
The award, sponsored by Paragon, recognises the legal firm that is making a significant impact on the ecosystem during the past year, both through actively supporting angel and early stage investment deals and bringing real added value to the investment process.
- Advising software platform Distil A.I. on its seed investment from Mercia and Newable Ventures
- Advising Novo Holdings and DSM Venturing on their Series A investments into Deep Branch Biotechnology, a UK-based carbon recycling biotechnology company
- Advising Committed Capital on a number of its investments, including in Konsileo, Pi-Top, Smartology and CHC Insurance Services.
- Advising Foresight Williams Technology EIS Fund and DSM Venturing on their Series A investments into Additive Manufacturing Technologies Limited, a developer of post-processing machinery for 3D printed parts
- Advising Mobeus Equity Partners on its investment into Tushingham Sails (Red Paddle Co).
- Advising DSM Venturing on its Series A financing of Phynova, an Oxford-based life sciences company that develops proprietary natural healthcare products from active compounds found in plants
- Advising Bamboo Finance and DOEN Foundation on their respective Series A and Series B investments into BBOXX
- Advising Global Innovation Fund on its growth finance investment in Paga, a leading Nigerian mobile money business.
- Advising AHL Ventures, a leading impact-focused VC fund, on several early convertible debt investments across Africa
- Advising AgDevCo, a specialist early-stage investor in Agribusinesses, on several investments.
- Advising the Soros Economic Development fund on the sale of its majority stake in the Indian venture capital firm, Aspada, to LGT, the investment management company owned by the Princely House of Liechtenstein.
- Advising Downing LLP on the launch of its crowdfunding platform, Downing Crowd.
- Advising Tridos Bank, one of the world's leading sustainable banks, on the launch of its crowdfunding platform.
- Advising Natural Capital Research on its early stage investment rounded led by Schroders and Oxford Sciences Innovation
- Advising Mindful Chef on several rounds of fundraising, including its £6m investment by private equity firm Piper and crowdfunding rounds on the Crowdcube and Seedrs platforms and the sale of a majority stake to Nestlé
- Advising clothing brand and retailer, Seasalt, on an investment by BGF.
- Advising homeware brand and retainer, Emma Bridgewater, on a BGF investment to drive international growth.
- Advising Wetsuit Outlet, Europe's largest online watersports retailer, on its investment by Mobeus Equity Partners.
- Advising Eebria, the crowdfunded wholesale drinks distributor, on an advance subscription equity fundraising
- Advising a UK automotive ecommerce company on its seed investment into Marketparts, the first global marketplace for after-market automotive parts
- Advising Re-flow on its seed fundraising led by Haatch Ventures
- Advising Intelligent AI on its seed fundraising led by RLC Ventures
- Advising Velorution, a leading electric and urban cycling retailer, on its Seedrs funding round
- Advising QuantX on its seed investments in Neuronostics, Senisca and RoleMapper
- Advising The Neighbourhood Kitchen on its seed fundraising led by Jenson Funding Partners
- Advising Safeboda, an East African ride hailing app, on a Series A investment round led by Kingsway, Beenext and CRE
- Advising Pentire Drinks on its seed fundraising