Sustainable Agriculture and Technology (Agri-Tech)
By 2050, the global population is projected to rise to over 9 billion, with a radical increase in the number of people living in urban areas. According to the United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO), in order to feed this rapidly growing population, food production must increase by approximately 70 per cent. Armed with statistics and projections such as these, it is fundamental for food and agricultural industries to sit up and take notice; and work intelligently to deliver sustainable and sufficient food sources to feed the world's growing population.
At Michelmores, we consider this to be one of the most interesting and challenging industries and we are passionate about working with businesses developing and implementing innovative solutions. Building on the firm's position as a leading agricultural law firm in the country, we have a cross-sector team of highly regarded, passionate lawyers; dedicated to advising clients in relation to a comprehensive variety of contentious and non-contentious agricultural and agri-tech matters.
- food production and distribution
- animal feed (including insect and alternative protein sources - please see our video below for further information)
- farming equipment technology
- renewable energy (including anaerobic digestion, wind and solar power)
As the graphic below shows, together, we are able to provide practical, commercial and technical advice to established agribusinesses, start-ups and inventors with an agri-tech innovation, investors, landed estates, landowners, farmers and food producers. We can draw on our extensive agricultural, regulatory and commercial expertise to help clients to add-value to their business and realise their commercial objectives.
- Gene Editing: New Bill takes the GM debate to the next stage
- Trainee Blog: attending the Michelmores' Sustainable Agriculture Conference
- Food Standards Agency Confirms Edible Insects Can Once Again be Placed on the GB Market
- Michelmores joins Bristol's Week of Sustainability with its Sustainable Agriculture Conference
- Trainee Blog: How can I focus on Sustainability in my Training Contract?
- Michelmores provides legal guidance to the UK's first report on the future of feed
- Planning & nitrate neutrality: Legal challenge to Natural England's guidance
- Sustainable Agriculture and Technology (Agri-Tech) information sheet
- The Agriculture Act 2020: an overview
- Natural capital assessment toolkit
- Is Insect Farming the answer to Food Security?
- Feeding the future? Michelmores contributes specialist expertise to landmark WWF and Tesco insect protein roadmap.
- Agricultural Lore - Winter Edition 2020
- Rachel O'Connor named in Hot 100 listing
- Insect meal in aquaculture – sustainable protein in animal feed?
- Agricultural Lore - Special Edition
- The legal practicalities of unlocking natural capital assets
- Nothing to be feared from advances in farm technology
- Insect as an alternative source of protein