Michelmores Health Sector Solicitors have substantial experience in acting for a wide variety of health sector bodies including NHS Trusts, Clinical Commissioning Groups, GP Practices and private sector organisations.
Our specialist team provides a full spectrum of advice from non-contentious support on large projects and outsourcing agreements, through to the defence of complex High Court litigation and Employment Tribunal claims on the contentious side. Examples of recent cases undertaken by our health team are detailed below.
Our team understands the fast-changing regulatory and legislative environment in which the health sector operates, combined with the challenging budget constraints within the public health sector, which require efficient and cost-effective service delivery.
We are panel members of the NHS Shared Business Services Framework which allows clients to access our specialist sector expertise at attractive rates.
Get in touch
- Defence of multi-party whistleblowing claims in Tribunal – national press coverage;
- Senior management grievance resolution and appeals;
- PCT cluster advice on transfer to CCGs/staff reorganisation;
- Advising re outsourcing of residential care service;
- Advising re sensitive director termination issues and settlement agreements;
- Defending multiple discrimination claims from senior consultant;
- Advising CCG on GP contracts and redundancy issues.
- Procurement advice on major SCCR data record platform;
- Procurement of digital voice/data communications system;
- Competition Law and Public Procurement Advice;
- Commercial Business Transfer Agreements /S75 Agreements;
- Successful defence of high-value contractual claim by care home owner against Trust;
- £ multi-million contractual dispute re innovative health record IT platform.
- Property acquisition and disposal including tenancy advice;
- Property advice re service re-organisations;
- Structuring a multi-party property disposal / landlord and tenant transaction;
- Licences for alterations and licences to occupy;
- Property JVs supporting Social Care Contracts;
- Advice re planning and judicial review.
- Construction projects within an operational hospital;
- Trust/University construction JV including ProCure 21+;
- Development projects re construction of acute and social care buildings;
- Advice on complex competitive dialogue and restricted procedure;
- Advice re construction and engineering dispute;
- Advice re operational PPP and construction JVs for health facilities.
- Advising on potentially the largest IP/IT commercialisation project ever delivered within/for the NHS;
- Advising re major data protection breach.
- PPP for the construction of an acute hospital;
- Integration of utilities provision and management as part of PFI;
- Transfer and operation of PFI hospital contracts;
- JV for provision of acute and social care facilities, including construction contracts under P21+;
- Business transfer agreements;
- Competition law advice re NHS mergers;
- Public procurement advice including competitive dialogue, restricted, Teckal exemptions;
- Advice on constitutional/corporate governance;
- Advice re RoE employment matters, TUPE incl. second generation transfers and PPP-related workforce issues;
- Variation Bond financing within PFI.