Competition and Markets
Our highly experienced team of competition lawyers provides pragmatic and commercial advice to a wide range of businesses and public sector bodies engaging with relevant markets (including via regulated procurement processes). We also advise individual directors on their obligations, including where enforcements steps are taken against them.
We advise on a broad range of competition matters, including mergers, anti-trust, consumer/contracts issues and subsidy control (as well as legacy issues arising from EU State Aid). We are familiar with integrating competition law advice within a 'bigger picture', including for example in relation to selective distribution networks, joint ventures, digital markets and the increasing convergence with the regulation of personal data usage.
We also provide compliance advice and tailored training for internal teams, as well as competition audits. We deal regularly with the CMA (the UK's competition regulator) as well as relevant sectoral regulators; and are at the forefront of the rapidly-changing law in the UK in relation to its nascent internal market and the interface with free trade agreements, both with the EU and other jurisdictions, including the implications of WTO membership.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) - the EU State Aid Framework and the De Minimis Exemption
- Geo-Blocking Regulation
- Faulty foundations in the construction industry?
- Amazon calls quits on e-book 'Most Favoured Nation' clauses
- Michelmores welcomes CMA campaign
- Impact of the Competition Powers
- UK Competition Law and Brexit
- Schools urged to review school uniform policies
- Competition Update for the Manufacturing Sector
- 'Best Value Clauses
- What is a Dawn Raid?
- EU Timber Regulation: Is your business at risk?
- Advising Landmark, the UK's leading supplier of digital mapping, property and environmental risk information. Conducting a comprehensive and complete competition law audit of the group's services and products and key contractual arrangements.
- Instructed for the second time to conduct a competition law audit to examine a major public body's understanding of and compliance with EU competition law, focusing extensively on pricing. Fieldwork involving comprehensive interviews with key personnel to gain full understanding of the relevant markets. Drafted a report on pricing strategies and market policies. On-going competition law advice and training.