Technology & Innovation
The Technology & Innovation team at Michelmores consists of highly regarded specialist lawyers dedicated to advising clients on all aspects of non-contentious and contentious technology, digital media and communications issues.
Michelmores acts for both suppliers in the Technology & Innovation sector and end user organisations, nationally and internationally across the private, public and voluntary sectors, including IT, telecommunications, media, clean technology, aero/aviation, food & drink, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, retail, health, education, central government, local authority and the emergency services.
A programme dedicated to giving extra support to innovative and scaleable businesses – find out more.
MAINstream angel investor network
An initiative to help connect investors and experienced entrepreneurs with innovative early-stage business – find out more.
We were delighted to be announced the winner of the 'Best Legal Team for Early-Stage Deals' category at the UKBAA Angel Investment Awards 2022.
The award, sponsored by Paragon, recognises the legal firm that is making a significant impact on the ecosystem during the past year, both through actively supporting angel and early stage investment deals and bringing real added value to the investment process.
|Michelmores partnered with Women in Telecoms & Technology (WiTT) to host a Women in Tech event on 23 November 2022 in celebration of women entrepreneurs working in the tech sector. Watch the recording here.|
- Michelmores' Commercial team advises SWGfL on its partnership with TikTok and Bumble
- Biometric technologies - sorting the fact from the science fiction
- Michelmores sponsors Clean Tech at Tech South West awards
- Michelmores sponsors UK's flagship SW Technology & Business Event
- The implications of a "no-deal" Brexit on the cross-border transfer of personal data
- The legacy of Schrems II
- Handling EU data subjects' personal data post-Brexit
- Michelmores sponsors Tech South West award
- Guide to the Consumer Rights Act 2015, Part 4 - Supplying Digital Content
- Webinar: The accelerated digital revolution – what does it mean for businesses?
- Upcoming changes to Data Protection Law
- Michelmores recognised for its TMT expertise in the 2020 Legal 500 Awards
- Millennials, money & myths: Technology & investment
- Michelmores advises the Foresight Williams Technology EIS Fund
- ICO to fine Marriott International £99,200,396 for Cyberattack
- ICO to fine British Airways £183.39 million for Cyberattack
- Trainee Blog: The AI in trAInee
- EU Commission urged to suspend the EU-US Privacy Shield
- Michelmores advises on sale of TESM to DXC Technology
- Heathrow Airport and Bupa fines re-iterate need for basic data protection measures
- AR and VR – how are they impacting the retail sector?
- Michelmores supports tech start-ups in the South through SETsquared event
- UK solicitors ordered to disclose details of confidential decision making
- ICO issues second £400,000 fine in less than a year
- Michelmores advise Partner Retail Services (PRS) on Experience Store partnership
- The European Commission's proposed e-Privacy Regulation
- ICO issues record £400,000 fine for TalkTalk data breach
- Augmented reality: re-imagining how we interact with the world
- Impact of Brexit on Data Protection Law
- Agricultural drone use
- Let's Teach Intellectual Property!
- Aspirations Academies Trust
- EU-U.S. "Privacy Shield" announced
- Following Nestlé's Kit Kat battle, London Taxi 3D shape is also declared invalid
- Encryption: who should hold the keys?
- Meeting the 7th Data Protection Principle
- fine for direct marketing campaign
- The United States as a "Safe Harbor"? That ship has sailed
- Drones: realising the potential, reducing the risks
- A Guide to the Consumer Rights Act 2015 – The Changes You Need To Know
- IP clinches deals in the Den
- Guide to the Consumer Rights Act 2015, Part 3 – Selling Services
- Guide to the Consumer Rights Act 2015, Part 2 – Selling Goods
- Don't cheat on Data Protection
- Second success for Sky as the Supreme Court rules Sky's use of "NOW TV" is not 'passing off'
- 'Battle of the skys' - Sky prevents Skype trade mark registration in long-running dispute
- Wearable Technology - Bringing Data to Life
- Social media defamation - Tom Stenner-Evans is featured by HR Zone
- Michelmores shortlisted in The Lawyer Awards for 'IP Team of the Year' 2015
- ECJ rules that EU copyright infringement claims can be brought in any member state where the infringing website is accessible
- Enforced subject access requests
- Malicious or fictitious: hope for victims of false online reviews?
- All publicity is not good publicity: how to handle negative online reviews
- Moving with the times
- Fines more likely regarding nuisance callers and spam texters
- 3D Printing is still 'pumping'
- Michelmores wins the Legal 500's UK Regional Technology, Media and Telecoms Team of the Year 2014
- Data Protection Developments at EU level in 2014 and looking forward to 2015
- Cloud services in education and the Data Protection Act
- Retailers: fighting back against the online counterfeiters
- Counterfeit products: When imitation is not the best form of flattery
- Roundup of the ICO Enforcement Action in Q2 2014
- Google - Right to be Forgotten
- Seminar to Tackle Cyber Crime
- Roundup of the ICO Enforcement Action in Q1 2014
- Landmark Internet Privacy Case: Google is Responsible to English Internet Users Under English Privacy and Data Protection Laws
- The 8th Data Protection Principle - Recent Developments. What Does This Mean for Cloud Users and ICT Suppliers?
- Cloud Computing, SMEs and the Public Sector
- Employee's Use of Personal Data
- To read or not to read
- Perfect harmony? The new Consumer Rights Directive
- Advising software platform Distil A.I. on its seed investment from Mercia and Newable Ventures
- Advising Novo Holdings and DSM Venturing on their Series A investments into Deep Branch Biotechnology, a UK-based carbon recycling biotechnology company
- Advising Committed Capital on a number of EIS investments into tech businesses
- Advising Foresight Williams Technology EIS Fund and DSM Venturing on their Series A investments into Additive Manufacturing Technologies Limited, a developer of post-processing machinery for 3D printed parts
- Advising Bamboo Finance and DOEN Foundation on their respective Series A and Series B investments into BBOXX
- Advising Global Innovation Fund on its growth finance investment in Paga, a leading Nigerian mobile money business.
- Advising Downing LLP on the launch of its crowdfunding platform, Downing Crowd.
- Advising Tridos Bank, one of the world's leading sustainable banks, on the launch of its crowdfunding platform.
- Advising Natural Capital Research on its early stage investment rounded led by Schroders and Oxford Sciences Innovation
- Advising a UK automotive ecommerce company on its seed investment into Marketparts, the first global marketplace for after-market automotive parts
- Advising Re-flow on its seed fundraising led by Haatch Ventures
- Advising Intelligent AI on its seed fundraising led by RLC Ventures
- Advising QuantX on its seed investment in RoleMapper
- Advising Safeboda, an East African ride hailing app, on a Series A investment round led by Kingsway, Beenext and CRE
- Advising Distil AI on its seed fundraising led by Mercia and Newable Ventures.