Finance and Investment
Our Finance and Investment solicitors draw together experience from across the financial services spectrum in alternative finance, banking, ethical and sustainable investment, FinTech, insurance and re-insurance, secured lending and wealth management.
We recognise that the sector is a powerful and influential driver of the UK economy, employing over 2m people in retail, wholesale and international markets. Our lawyers apply their sector know-how to better understand our clients' objectives and achieve innovative or practical solutions whilst navigating an ever changing regulatory landscape.
Our complementary legal services include banking, insolvency and restructuring, secured lending, commercial and technology contracts, corporate, data protection, dispute resolution (including arbitration), employment, financial regulation, regulatory investigations or enforcement and financial crime or fraud.
Our team can also offer an insight into Brexit, Cyber Security and PR / Communication strategy during times of crisis.
We can advise on matters worldwide that are based on English law, and are known for advising on investment into Emerging Markets.
- Michelmores' Impact Investment and Banking teams have advised the Soros Economic Development Fund (SEDF) on its partnership with MedAccess
- Michelmores shortlisted for Best Legal Team at UKBAA awards
- Michelmores' Corporate team has advised CRUX Asset Management on an investment by Stephens.
- National Security and Investment Act 2021
- Michelmores advises Zebu Investment Partners GP Limited on its $6.5m investment in AMC Trade Finance Limited
- The Climate Crisis, Investment & The Energy Charter Treaty
- What is the best structure for a social enterprise?
- Michelmores advises Kudos Innovations on its latest investment round
- Barclays wins capital subscription loan claim against former Dewey & LeBoeuf partner
- Aquis Stock Exchange Market Consultation Paper
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) - FCA 'Dear CEO' letter to firms
- Coronavirus - FCA provides guidance on COVID-19 "Key Financial Workers"
- Michelmores advises Emma Bridgewater on £8 million investment
- Michelmores hosts Coronavirus Business Legal Hour series
- Coronavirus: Key Workers - Essential Financial Services provision
- Mobile Money in Frontier Markets: the Revolution Continues
- Speculative mini-bonds: FCA marketing ban begins
- Michelmores advises on AgDevCo's Malawian investment
- Michelmores advises M-BIRR on investment by DEG and European Investment Bank
- Michelmores advises on sale of Knadel Limited to Catalyst Development
- Michelmores Advise on £2m Crowdcube Fundraise
- Michelmores advises Ocean Fish on acquisition of majority shareholding in operator of Britain's largest beam trawl fleets, W. Stevenson & Sons
- Millennials, money & myths: Technology & investment
- Michelmores advises the Foresight Williams Technology EIS Fund
- Michelmores advises Berry Properties Limited on its £22.5m refinancing
- No-deal Brexit? – Implications for the financial services sector
- Framework for the UK-EU partnership in Financial Services
- Brexit – Any real developments for a financial services trade deal?
- FCA considers expanding access to Financial Ombudsman Service
- Michelmores' Senior Partner reappointed to AIFC Legal Advisory Council
- Michelmores advises Credit Reporting Agency on secondary buy-out
- Brexit - impact on the Financial Services sector – 15 months on
- The old bill – an end to the Bills of Sale Act and what this means for invoice financiers
- Michelmores appoints Andrew Oldland QC as Senior Partner
- Brexit: Business Impact Survey
- Fintech – Evolution or Revolution
- A Panamanian pickle
- Hedging your Brexit bets
- Mobile money in the developing markets
- N v S: How effective is your de-risking strategy?
- Impact of the Competition Powers
- Competing demands of insolvency and employment law
- Legal 500 recognition for Emerging Markets
- The cost of market manipulation
- Making an application to the Financial Conduct Authority
- Market manipulation claims: "That's how to do a fix!"
- An update on the Enterprise Bill
- Financial market manipulation: the tale of 2015
- Andrew Oldland QC comments on Flash Crash trader's latest fight against extradition in The Telegraph
- Fresh hope for policyholders! Government's Enterprise Bill picks up on late payment of insurance claims
- London's new financial super court
- Changes to the FCA's complaint handling rules: update for financial services firms
- New Insurance Act offers (re)insurers a second bite at the cherry
- Market Manipulation: The tale of 2015
- Policyholders warned not to sacrifice insurance coverage
- Michelmores acts on deal that saved over 30 jobs in Exeter
- Employee Shareholder Status
- Regulatory Sanction & Civil Claims in Banking
- Internal investigations: inside jobs – Andrew Oldland QC featured in Law Society Gazette
- The new Insurance Act 2015 – how can policyholders benefit now?
- Cyber "myths" putting UK SMEs at risk
- Insurance Act receives Royal Assent
- Swiss Franc turbulence
- The importance of being honest – the fraudulent device rule in insurance claims
- Insurance Bill – an update
- Financial Services Update: 2014
- Funds Litigation Update
- Assessing Quantum in Best Execution Claims
- Mis-Selling Review 2014
- Anti-Money Laundering Case Update
- Asset Based Lending Growth – but problems remain in traditional markets
- Michelmores Advises on Significant Partial MBO
- Michelmores advises Limitless Earth plc on AIM stock market listing
- Financial Services and Markets Round-Up
- The Employee Shareholder: What it means?
- Unlocking capital for holiday parks: the increasing popularity of alternative funding options