Seán is an Associate in Michelmores' Corporate team, based in Bristol. He work closely with a variety of clients and work on a spectrum of corporate issues, ranging from helping start-ups and founders to navigate funding rounds, to working with established businesses with acquisitions and exits and everything in-between.
Seán prides himself on getting to know his clients and their businesses, because having come from a family where both parents were entrepreneurs, he knows the value of having advisors who feel like part of the team, as opposed to just an external advisor.
Seán is involved with Mainstream, a network created by Michelmores in 2019 which connects business angel investors with high-growth, early-stage companies based in the southwest. He is also apart of the Tech and Innovation team at Michelmores, having represented one of the largest UK e-sports teams and assisted a number of scale-ups and investor in the space, and can sometimes be found at national tech events.
He is dual qualified, having trained in the UK and being admitted to the roll of solicitors in England and Wales in 2019 prior to moving to a top-ranking Dublin firm and being admitted to the roll of solicitors in Ireland in 2019. Seán returned to the UK to work for a top-ranking Cardiff firm in 2021 and joined the Michelmores' team in 2022.
- Assisting a management team in a management buyout of a large regional engineering company.
- Supporting a London based fintech start-up with a funding round.
- Assisting a large regional investor with their investment into a health-tech scale up.
- Assisting a medical company with the sale of IP to an international buyer.
- Supporting the owners with the sale of their motorcycle company to a national group.
- Assisting a national group with an exit from the health arm of the group.