Scott is an Associate in the Commercial and Regulatory Disputes Team.
Scott advises on a range of commercial and regulatory disputes, including shareholder and corporate disputes, contractual disputes, criminal and regulatory investigations, brand and reputation management issues, and insurance disputes.
Scott completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Surrey, and his combined Masters (MSc) and Legal Practice Course (LPC) at the University of Law, Exeter – where he was awarded the award for 'best overall performance' for obtaining the highest mark in his year and the Sir George Fowler Prize from Devon and Somerset Law Society.
Outside of work, Scott is a keen golfer – currently playing off a handicap of scratch.
- Acting for an international engineering company obtain a High Court injunction against an ex-employee who had unlawfully taken confidential and proprietary company data to set up a competing business overseas in breach of restrictive covenants.
- Acting for a specialist real-estate investor obtain a High Court judgment of > £1.5 million against a property developer for an unpaid loan.
- Supporting Andrew Oldland QC advise a corporate in respect of criminal and regulatory investigations following a workplace fatality.
- Acting for policyholders in respect of insurance coverage disputes, including legal expenses insurance.
- Assisting clients in the financial services and education sectors with the removal of defamatory material from websites and social media.
- Advising shareholders defend breach of warranty claims and breach of tax covenant claims following a corporate acquisition.