Sam is a member of the Construction and Engineering team at Michelmores.
He joined the firm in 2019 and has a broad range of experience advising public and private sector clients on both contentious and non-contentious construction and engineering matters. Sam has worked with a range of employers, contractors and sub-contractors and is able to tailor his advice to suit the commercial needs of clients and keep their business interests at the forefront of his approach.
Sam regularly writes in relation to recent developments in construction and engineering.
- Representing a client in adjudication proceedings arising from defects in the design and construction of a specialist pharmaceutical facility at a large regional hospital in the South West.
- Drafting a broad range of construction documentation (including consultancy appointments, sub-contracts and collateral warranties) as part of the development of a large international hotel project on the outskirts of Exeter.
- Advising a client on a multi-million-pound dispute against a contractor arising from defects in a hospital procured under an NHS PFI contract.
- Achieving settlement for a sub-contractor in a dispute over payment with the main contractor under an NEC3 Engineering and Construction Subcontract.
- Advising homeowners in disputes against property developers upon the discovery of defects in new-build properties.