Ross is an Associate in the Real Estate Team in Exeter.
He specialises in all aspects of both residential and mixed-use development and strategic land promotion, working alongside regional and PLC housebuilders, investors, developers, land promoters and landowners. His experience includes the acquisition, promotion and disposal of greenfield sites as well as complicated urban regeneration schemes.
Ross places a high importance on building established relationships with his clients. Wherever possible he seeks to provide genuine added-value to their businesses and is always keen to act as a sounding-board on the wider commercial considerations of a deal.
Prior to joining Michelmores Ross spent several years at Trowers & Hamlins and Moore Barlow.
Outside of the office, Ross is a keen sportsman (particularly cricket), a huge foodie and devoted best friend to his golden Labrador, Nelly.
- Acting for a PLC housebuilder on its proposed purchase of a circa 350 unit scheme in Hampshire, this included complex overage arrangements and obligations to deliver key infrastructure to neighbouring allocated land.
- Acting on the acquisition, sub-sale and refinancing of a 760 unit mixed-use BTR / care community scheme at the former Sackville Trading Estate, Hove.
- Acting for a national land promoter on strategic sites in Oxfordshire, Essex and Hampshire, secured by way of promotion agreements.
- Advising a regional developer on its proposed joint venture arrangements with an affordable housing partner and subsequent acquisition of a circa 450 unit scheme in Surrey.
- Acting for a landowner in relation to the proposed promotion of land for a replacement M5 service station outside of Exeter.
- Acting jointly on behalf of a local authority, a university, a local NHS Trust and established developer to document a complex collaboration arrangement for the promotion and development of circa 1600 affordable homes, university accommodation, POS and key infrastructure at Northwick Park, London Borough of Brent.
- Acting for several well-established regional developers in relation to the acquisition (both unconditional and STP) and funding of sites in Thorverton, Tiverton, Exeter, Bude and Hayle.
- Advising 12 landowners in relation to the promotion of land in Finchampstead, including separate collaboration and equalisation arrangements.