'Notable Junior lawyer and Rising Star - sustainable agriculture specialist Rachel O'Connor'
Legal 500 2021
'A real star in the making. Incredibly hard-working, absolutely great with clients and wonderful to work with as counsel.'
Rachel is a Partner in the Agriculture team and joined Michelmores from TLT in 2014. Rachel is named in The Lawyer's Hot 100 list for 2020 and is recognised as a Rising Star in independent legal guide, the Legal 500.
Rachel specialises in dispute resolution; including property disputes, partnership disputes, Landlord and Tenant disputes, professional negligence, and contractual disputes. Rachel's practice also includes banking litigation.
Rachel is developing a practice based on the future role insects will play in farming as a sustainable protein source. As one of the very few lawyers advising in this specialist area, Rachel has gained a deep knowledge of the subject that covers both the law as well as commercial opportunities for clients. Rachel has built an excellent network in the sector and currently advises some of the key emerging players in the industry.
Rachel sits on the organising panel for the UK's annual Insects as Food and Feed Conference, in association with the Royal Entomological Society
Rachel is also a member of the Agricultural Law Association and the Property Litigation Association and has lectured to the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers.
- Acting for a landlord in possession proceedings and defending a counterclaim in estoppel.
- Acting in proceedings brought in the First Tier Tribunal, Property Chamber challenging a title obtained by adverse possession.
- Acting in a professional negligence claim against solicitors who acted in the purchase of a farm.
- Advising in a professional negligence claim against solicitors who gave negligent advice regarding a succession claim.
- Advising on a professional negligence claim involving contaminated land.
- Acting in relation to a Partnership dispute.