"Philip Barth is an excellent lawyer"
Chambers UK 2023
"an extraordinary practitioner" who has "incredible, intricate knowledge of the law,"
"[He has]"a real grasp on the issues in what is continuously moving legislation around immigration."
Chambers High Net Worth Guide 2020
“The likeable and well-connected … Philip Barth advises a range of HNWs, wealth managers and family offices on complex immigration issues”
Spears 500 - Band 1
Winner - Immigration Specialist Practitioner of the Year
Foreign Direct Investment Awards 2017
Philip is a Partner specialising in all aspects of immigration and citizenship law and heads Michelmores' Immigration practice. He has over 30 years of experience in successfully acting for multinational corporations, international families, leading creatives, professionals, intellectuals, and sportspeople.
Philip focuses on complex immigration and citizenship matters, especially for high net worth individuals from all corners of the globe. His previous experience as a corporate lawyer gives him an added insight when advising investors, wealth managers, entrepreneurs and overseas businesses setting up in the UK and expanding into mainland Europe.
He also advises on compliance and risk issues under the sponsor licence system, as well as the prevention of illegal working legislation. Further, Philip advises clients on British citizenship law, human right cases and those involving EU law, criminality and exclusion from the UK.
Philip has contributed the chapter 'Non-PBS work/study routes and employer sanctions' in the JCWI Guide to the Points-Based System and co-authored 'The Movement of Natural Persons and the GATS: A UK Perspective and European Dilemmas' - European Foreign Affairs Review.
He is recognised by independent legal guide, Chambers High Net Worth as a band 1 ranked individual in his field.
- Successfully securing the urgent reinstatement of the lapsed sponsor licence of an equine stud farm, enabling it to continue the employment of a critical overseas worker
- Using a little-known concession to successfully assist an international company to secure a Tier 2 (Intra-company transfer) visa for someone who was not an existing employee of their overseas operations
- Representing an action group of 20+ Chinese families on Tier 1 (investor) visas who had been sold an investment product that did not comply with the immigration rules
- Successfully acquiring indefinite leave to remain for a Tier 1 (investor) client notwithstanding significant excess absences
- Providing strategic advice to a client about the renunciation and the possible resumption of his recently acquired British citizenship in connection with his eligibility to bid on the privatisation of a state asset by the government of his country of origin