"It was great to work with the Michelmores team on this transaction led by Nirav Patel. Michelmores were prompt, commercial and pragmatic in their approach"
Landmark Analytics (part of Daily Mail and General Trust plc)
"We value the alliance with Michelmores. The legal team’s rich resources and network enabled us address structuring and compliance matters in a laudable fashion, especially considering the constraints caused by COVID-19."
Brian Frimpong, Managing Partner of Zebu Investment Partners GP Limited
Nirav is a Senior Associate in the Corporate team.
Nirav specialises in mergers, acquisitions and private equity investments, particularly with transactions involving cross-border elements.
He has particular specialisms in impact investing (including in emerging and frontier markets), real estate corporate wrappers and advising on the corporate aspects of implementing private wealth planning structures.
Nirav is the CSR Lead at Michelmores and is the Chair of the firm's CSR and Charity committees.
Nirav's experience includes advising impact investors, UK and foreign government-backed funds, private equity funds, development finance institutions and foundations.
Nirav has advised on numerous high value transactions taking place in emerging and frontier markets such as Ghana, Rwanda, Sierra Leone and Tanzania.
- Advised the Soros Economic Development Fund, as the lead investor in establishing Global Access Health (GAH), along with a group of philanthropic funds and with the support of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and on GAH's acquisition of Mologic Ltd – a leading developer of lateral flow and rapid diagnostic technologies, including a lateral flow test for Covid-19. GAH is a social enterprise that will seek to expand access to affordable state-of-the-art medical technology through decentralised research, development, and manufacturing in and for the Global South.
- Advised Zebu Investment Partners GP Limited on its $6.5m investment in AMC Trade Finance Limited.
- Advised Soros Economic Development Fund, the impact investment fund established by George Soros, on the sale of its majority stake in the Indian venture capital firm, Aspada, to LGT, the investment management company owned by the Princely House of Liechtenstein.
- Advising the Arbaro Fund on its inaugural investment into Miro Forestry Developments, a sustainable forestry business operating in Ghana and Sierra Leonne. The investment was expected to create approximately 2,000 jobs and sequester 5 million metric tons of CO2.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advised Landmark Analytics on the sale of Mouseprice to PropertyHeads Group. Landmark Analytics is part of the Landmark Information Group which is the leading provider of information to the property market and part of Daily Mail and General Trust plc.
- Advised LEBC Holdings Limited, a national Independent Financial Adviser, on the acquisition of Aspira Corporate Solutions Limited. Aspira Corporate Solutions is a Bristol-based Independent Financial Adviser with over 11,000 clients and close to £0.5bn in funds under management. The transaction, valued at £5m in cash and LEBC shares, will bolster LEBC Holdings' presence in the South West.
Real Estate Corporate Wrappers / Corporate Real Estate
Having previously been a Commercial Real Estate lawyer, Nirav is a specialist in acquisitions and disposals of corporate vehicles (also known as "real estate corporate wrappers") which primarily own and manage an underlying real estate asset.
- Advised Corporate Finance House on the acquisition of the Day Tower office building in what was Bucharest's largest commercial property deal of 2019.
- Advised Boultbee Brooks Real Estate on its £51m sale of The White Building in Reading to UK Commercial Property (UKCP) REIT, managed and advised by Aberdeen Standard Investments.
- Advised the Mayor's Office For Policing And Crime on the corporate aspects of its £250m acquisition of The Empress State Building in Earl's Court. The acquisition formed part of the Mayor of London’s £412M investment to create a new, single-site, counter-terrorism and organised crime hub for the Metropolitan Police Service.