Admitted in March 2020
Matthew is a solicitor in the Commercial & Regulatory Disputes team, based in London.
Prior to joining Michelmores, Matthew trained at Herbert Smith Freehills.
Matthew advises on a wide variety of commercial disputes including intellectual property disputes, breach of contract claims, corporate disputes, financial services disputes and insolvency matters.
- Acting for a telecommunications company in cross-jurisdictional patent infringement proceedings in both court and arbitral proceedings.
- Acting for a private investment firm in a successful defence of a breach of contract claim, in circumstances where the existence of the contract was in dispute.
- Acting for a UK listed bank on a portfolio of Consumer Credit Act claims.
- Acting for an international bank in class action proceedings brought by a group of SMEs in relation to alleged misrepresentations in the bank's terms and conditions.
- Acting for an insurance intermediary in breach of contract proceedings relating to a disputed repudiatory breach.
- Successfully acting for a UK fisheries business in proceedings for enforcement of a restrictive covenant in an employment contract.
- Acting for two individuals against an international bank in proceedings relating to breaches of duty and breaches of contract arising out of their employment and termination.