Luke is a Solicitor in the Banking, Restructuring and Insolvency team at Michelmores.
After graduating from the University of Bristol with a Master's Law Degree, Luke joined Michelmores in 2013, and became a member of the BRI team shortly after qualifying as a Legal Executive in 2018. Luke qualified as a solicitor in January 2022 after achieving a strong distinction in the Legal Practice Course.
Luke's work includes acting for insolvency practitioners, creditors, debtors, companies, directors, and other stakeholders in all personal and corporate insolvency matters.
Luke has extensive experience in acting in contentious matters, and has conducted insolvency proceedings on behalf of individual, corporate and public clients. Luke also advises insolvency practitioners on a range of insolvency matters, such as antecedent transactions, breach of duty claims against directors, the recovery of contested book debts and the merits of claims made against companies in insolvency.
Luke also has extensive experience in acting for both lenders and fixed charge receivers in relation to the enforcement of security.
In addition, Luke has extensive experience in both debt recovery litigation and the enforcement of judgement debts, in particular obtaining and enforcing possession orders over property.
- Advising insolvency practitioners in the recovery of book debts and void payments and proceedings against directors under insolvency legislation.
- Advising a high net-worth individual in defending claims made against him in relation to his director's loan account.
- Advising a lender in contested bankruptcy proceedings issued against a high net-worth individual.
- Advising a large-scale lending business in the enforcement of its security to recover a short and medium-terms loans from its borrowers.
- Acting for receivers in the realisation of distressed assets.
- Acting in a matter involving winding-up proceedings of various companies arising from a cross-border fraud.
- Acting in order for sale and possession proceedings where there is a substantial dispute over beneficial ownership.
- Acting for an executive government agency to recover debts from a variety of opponents including solicitors and private individuals.
- Advising a major satellite services provider on cross-border enforcement and insolvency in various jurisdictions including India and the British Virgin Islands.
- Advising directors and insolvency practitioners in the restoration of companies.