Josie is a Senior Associate in the Agriculture team who is recommended by independent legal guide, the Legal 500, for her work in Agriculture and Estates. She joined Michelmores in 2012 and has specialised in the sector since qualifying in 2010.
A farmer's daughter from South Wales, Josie has a real understanding of the sector and her clients. She acts for a broad range of land owners and occupiers, as well as agricultural businesses and local authorities.
Josie's contentious practice encompasses rural landlord and tenant matters (both agricultural and residential), farming partnerships and contractual disputes. In addition, she advises clients in relation to real property matters including adverse possession, rights of way and restrictive covenants.
Josie also has a busy non-contentious practice and is experienced in drafting a wide variety of deeds and agreements relating to the letting of land and farming business structures, with a particular specialism in farming partnerships and succession planning.
Josie is passionate about sustainable agriculture and the environment and is developing a practice in Natural Capital and the long-term management of land for biodiversity and environmental gains.
Josie has lectured to the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers and is a member of the Property Litigation Association and the Agricultural Law Association. She is also a joint editor of the RICS e-learning portal (Isurv) for rural landlord and tenant matters.
- Advising on the re-structure of a farming partnership with significant property assets following the retirement of one of the partners and the admission of new partners.
- Gladman Development v Sutton  EWHC 1597 - contract dispute regarding an alleged promotion agreement for development of agricultural land
- Davies v Davies  EWHC 2623 – Estoppel
- Peel v Coln Park LLP (2010) Court of Appeal – Case B Arbitration appeal
- Acting for a landlord in possession proceedings relating to an Assured Agricultural Occupancy on the basis of suitable alternative accommodation
- Advising in respect of succession applications and succession planning under the Agricultural Holdings Act 1986.