"Jo has been a real pleasure to work with from start to finish. Her attention to detail is second to none and her responsiveness can't be beaten. She is an excellent professional and I would recommend her to anyone."
Chambers UK 2023
Jo is a Senior Associate in the Projects team at Michelmores with over 10 years' experience and has recently been individually recognised by Legal 500 UK as a Rising Star in her practice area and region.
Jo advises on a variety of PFI and PPP projects and has experience across various central and local governmental departments, other public sector bodies, including Universities and NHS Trusts, and private sector service providers, with an increasing focus on the facilities management sector.
Jo advises private sector entities, including ISS Mediclean Limited (part of the ISS Group) in relation to its UK PFI projects, particularly within the Healthcare sector. Jo provides ongoing support to ISS on a variety of its long-term projects on a range of complex issues, including payment disputes, service reconfiguration and variations.
Jo also advises Barking, Havering & Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust in relation to its PFI Project Agreement with Catalyst, particularly in relation to its programme to achieve operational savings from its existing PFI and commercial contracts.
- Advising ISS Mediclean Limited in relation to an ongoing payment dispute which resulted in a positive financial settlement for ISS, and most recently providing advice and support in respect of ISS' proposals for a contract extension at one of its existing UK hospital sites;
- Advising Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust in relation to its contract for an efficiency savings review of the project agreement as a way of identifying savings for the Trust, the negotiation of certain notices under the Project Agreement to permit the carrying out of urgent works required as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and most recently providing ongoing advice and support in relation to its soft services market testing arrangements;
- Advising a project company of a leading UK infrastructure investment group in respect of one of its healthcare projects, particularly in relation to a dispute over the application of certain deductions under the payment mechanism;
- Advising a police authority in relation to its efficiency savings programme and in particular the removal of existing services from its PFI project agreement by way of a deed of variation; and
- Advising a leading UK infrastructure investment group on a range of PPP projects in relation to the health and education sectors, most recently in relation to the replacement of the facilities management services guarantor for the project.