Daniel joined Michelmores in October 2022 as a Paralegal in the Governance & Risk Team. Daniel works alongside the Governance & Risk Partners and supports the wider team, assisting with the handling of claims and complaints, and also helping mitigate risk across the Business.
Daniel studied law at Cardiff University and since worked as a litigation paralegal at Eversheds Sutherland and most recently as a corporate paralegal at Acuity Law. He will complete the SQE at the University of Law in Bristol before returning to the firm for his training contract as a Michelmores Trainee Solicitor in 2024. He is also a co-founder of The National Community Law Project which offers support to low income and vulnerable people who would otherwise not have access to legal aid.
Outside of work, Daniel is very enthusiastic about music and sports. He is a self-taught pianist and guitarist who occasionally performs at open mics and concerts. He has performed on various collaborations and international competitions as part of Cardiff University Show Choir including a male lead solo. When not volunteering for The National Community Law Project or other charities, Daniel plays for the Cardiff Raptors Korfball Team and with the Cardiff University Intermediates Volleyball Team.
Daniel is an elected officer on the Cardiff and South East Wales Junior Lawyers Division committee for 2022/3.
- Supporting on client matters on a regular basis consisting of various corporate transactions such as Mergers & Acquisitions
- Acting on pre-action disputes, supported on negotiation settlements and progressed civil court proceedings involving PPI claims in the Financial Services Disputes and Investigations sector
- Acting on complaints received through case management systems and scoped the complaints to produce triage assessment reports
- Acted on legal internships at The National Assembly of Wales and UK Parliament
- Acted on multiple vacation schemes and internships at commercial law firms such as Hugh James, Eversheds Sutherland and the Allen & Overy Smart Start Programme