Ben is a Solicitor in the Transactional Real Estate team, based in Exeter.
He has a diverse range of experience, which covers both the private and public sector. Ben assists with and acts on behalf of several private and commercial clients, landed estates, national house builders, police forces, central and non-ministerial government departments, executive agencies and non-departmental public bodies.
Ben provides support on a broad range of matters that involve commercial, agricultural and development land. Recently, Ben has provided support on a number of strategic land, sustainable development and infrastructure projects.
In the public sector, Ben has experience in acquisitions, disposals, lettings and a mix of additional, often unique, estate management matters. In particular, Ben provides direct support to Richard Honey on a variety of matters for the Mayor's Officer for Policing and Crime and other police authorities in England and Wales.
Ben is admitted to practice in England and Wales.
- Advising several police authorities in connection with the disposal of commercial properties, many of which are positioned in prime Central London locations, with values ranging between £1m-£10m.
- Advising the Forestry Commission in connection with a precedent Conservation Grazing Agreement that will help to facilitate the management of the forests and woodland across England.
- Acting for a well-known non-ministerial government department in respect of the grant of an option to National Rail to undertake works to construct and deliver a new passenger and freight rail line in Bristol.
- Assisting Adam Corbin in connection with a partnership project between a large Devon based landed estate and the Environment Agency, designed to adapt and enhance the downstream section of a river in the South West its estuary and its immediate surroundings, with the objective of protecting the coast from extreme storm and rainfall events and increasing the bio-diversity of the site for future generation.
- Assisting with a property title due diligence exercise in preparation for the disposal of a property portfolio consisting of over 1400 apartments across the UK.