"I have described the service that I received. It was supplied by Andrew Baines (a partner) and his assistant, Charlotte Curtis. Over and above the service they supplied they came across as very nice and friendly. What more can a client ask for?"
The Legal 500 2021
"He provides the guidance that we need with a strategic and holistic approach."
Chambers and Partners 2020
Andrew leads the Firm's property litigation team and is ranked in the Legal 500 and recognised as a notable practitioner in Chambers and Partners.
He trained and qualified at Burges Salmon and was a partner in Ashfords until 2008. He has over 20 years' experience of helping clients successfully resolve property problems, including those to do with landlord and tenant disputes, property ownership and property rights.
As well as providing advice, Andrew has dealt with cases by way of mediation, in arbitrations, the Property Tribunal, the County Court, the High Court and the Court of Appeal.
- A £4m proprietary estoppel claim, currently due to be heard by the Court of Appeal in April 2016.
- An application for renewal of a business lease and refurbishment of a prominent West London gallery.
- Advising on the rent review of a Central London landmark public building.
- Successfully enforcing a right of way against a neighbour who persistently obstructed the route to a client's business.
- Obtaining ownership of a disowned parcel of land critical to the client's business: Quadracolor v Crown Estate Commissioners (2013).