What are we looking for?
There is no typical type of Michelmores trainee. We seek to recruit a diverse range of individuals. What they all have in common is that they show potential to develop the skills, passion and determination to become an outstanding solicitor.
We are looking for people who are hard-working, curious, have a passion for learning, can balance creative and logical thinking to solve problems. We want people to join us who are as passionate about the success of the Firm as we are. Successful applicants will be well-rounded team players, who demonstrate drive and enthusiasm and embrace responsibility.
Solicitors Qualification Exams (SQE)
We’ll frontload your SQE 1 and SQE 2 studies prior to you starting your training contract with us and for those who are studying a non-law degree we will support you with your Post Graduate Diploma in Law (PGDL) prior to starting your SQE 1 and 2. These will be funded by us through the University of Law and you will receive a £5,000 Bursary when studying for your SQE 1 and 2.
Overview of the Training Contract
- Southwest based training contract with the opportunity to spend time in each of our offices
- Dedicated and fully funded London secondment, for those who are interested
- High degree of responsibility from the start while working within a supportive and collaborative team
- Structured Trainee Programme providing you with the fundamental building blocks for a successful career.
- Involvement in choosing your 4 seats (6 month each) and 121 coaching on seat choices
- Client contact is essential, with client secondment opportunities available
- A tailor-made personal development programme
- A Trainee buddy and mentoring scheme
You will also be encouraged to get involved in every aspect of life at Michelmores – community projects, pro bono work, sports events, client events, and social get togethers.
To hear it first-hand, visit our Trainee Blog.